INTEGRATED WATER MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (IWMDP) CONSTRUCTION OF BUSIA WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION PROJECT UGANDA
PROJECT ID: P163782
RFB No.: MWE/WRKS/19-20/00003
ISSUED ON: 13th July 2020
- The Republic of Uganda has received a loan from the World Bank towards the cost of the Integrated Water Management and Development Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract for Construction of Busia Water Supply & Sanitation Project.
- The Ministry of Water and Environment now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Construction of Busia Water Supply & Sanitation Project as detailed below;
Description of the Scope of Work
Busia Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- Construction of Water Supply works.
- Water Treatment Plant’s civil works.
- Water Treatment Plant’s mechanical works and electrical works.
- Transmission Pipelines.
- Distribution Pipelines and Consumer Connections.
- Civil Works for Water Supply Reservoirs.
- Sanitation works; construction of Toilets and Fecal Sludge Treatment Plants in Busia and Kumi.
- Civil and Mechanical Works for public latrines.
- Implementation of appropriate Source Protection Measures.
Further details on the above works are provided in the bidding documents. The qualification requirements are detailed in Section III of the bidding document
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers - Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” (July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018) and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Ministry of Water and Environment, John Kateregga on email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org; 9:00am to 5:00pm on official working days at the address below.
- The Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders for a non-refundable fee of Uganda Shillings Three Hundred Thousand Only (UGX 300,000) prior to submission date. Bids MUST be submitted with evidence of purchase of the bidding documents for Construction of Busia Water Supply & Sanitation Project. Evidence of payment shall first be verified by the responsible officer in Ministry of Water and Environment at time of submission. The method of payment will be by Bank Payment Advice Form obtainable from the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) website using “Other NTR” as a tax head in the form. The hard copy of the Bidding Documents in English will be available for pick up at the address mentioned in (8) and the soft copy can be accessed at https://www.mwe.go.ug/library/tendersprocurement.